Southeastern Virginia Chapter Community Associations Institute
Building Better Communities
Community Associations Institute (CAI) is dedicated to fostering vibrant, competent, harmonious community associations, both nationally and internationally.
For almost 40 years, CAI has been the leader in providing education and resources to the volunteer homeowners who govern community associations and the professionals who support them. Our members include community association volunteer leaders, professional managers, community management firms and other professionals and companies that provide products and services to associations.
Working closely with our 60 U.S. and international chapters, we bring together experts to provide the latest information on community association management and governance. We serve our members with books, seminars and workshops, research, continuing education and periodicals, including Common Ground magazine and specialized newsletters on community association management, governance and law.
CAI also advocates for legislative and regulatory policies that support responsible governance and effective management. We represent the interests of our members before the U.S. Congress, federal agencies and other policy-setting bodies on issues such as taxes, insurance, bankruptcy reform and fair housing. In addition, state Legislative Action Committees represent CAI members before state legislatures and agencies on issues such as assessment collection, foreclosure and construction defects. Download a copy of CAI’s public policy statements.
HOW MANY MEMBERS?
CAI has over 30,000 members in 60 chapters throughout the U.S. and members in several foreign countries. The national office and its 48-person staff are in Falls Church, Virginia. The Southeastern Virginia Chapter has over 800 members and represents approximately 75,000 residents in the cities and counties of Chesapeake, the Eastern Shore, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach, Willliamsburg and Yorktown.
SEVA-CAI Membership Benefits:
Including all the benefits offered by CAI, our local SEVA-CAI members also enjoy access to an exciting array of educational programs, special events, and informative publications that include the following:
- CA Day (Community Association Day) - The largest Trade Show and Education Expo in the Hampton Roads area specifically designed for homeowners who live in community associations.
- Peninsula and Southside educational seminars for business partners, community association managers, volunteer leaders, board members and homeowners that provide valuable information on issues affecting associations.
- The Essentials of Community Association Volunteer Leadership Workshop, a comprehensive training program for community association volunteer leaders, board members and homeowners. Take the first class now.
- Annual Legal & Legislative Update, a half day workshop offered in May each year that provides participants with the opportunity to learn about the current status of the law as well as emerging trends in the law and proposed legislation.
- Virginia Leadership Retreat, a statewide conference and weekend retreat exclusively for association managers and member business partners in VA.
- Opportunities to network with other association leaders and professionals in the industry at networking events and our annual Golf Classic.
- A quarterly newsmagazine, Currents, that provides up-to-date information on the operation of associations.
- The SEVA-CAI Membership & Service Directory features a complete list of service suppliers and professionals who work with associations. Members receive one complimentary listing and discounts on additional advertising.